Follow this guide to install & invite your bot for the first time!
- Go to the Discord Developer Portal
- Click on New Application
- Set the name of the application to your Liking, Then click Create
- Go to Bot tab
- Click Add Bot & Confirm by Pressing Yes, Do it!
- Change Bot’s appearance to your Liking (optional)
- Disable Public Bot, This stops anyone from adding the bot to thier server
- Scroll down & Enable both of the Privileged Gateway Intents
- Go to OAuth2 Tab
- Scroll down in SCOPES Select bot & applications.commands
- Scroll down in BOT PERMISSIONS Select Administrator
- Go to invite link
- Select your server & Click Continue
- Click Authorise
- Open config.yml
- Enter MongoDB Connection String here
If you don’t know how to get MongoDB Connection String Follow this Tutorial
- 2.1) Click MongoDB Compass
- 2.2) Copy the Connection string from Step 1
- 2.3) Enter the String in config and replace
<password> with the User’s Password created before
- 2.4) Change test at the end, to something else, This will be your Database Name
- Enter yout Bot Token from Bot’s tab on Discord Developer Portal
Token is used to login into your bot’s account, Anyone with this token will be able to login. We Recommend not sharing this with anyone you don’t trust this can cause horrible griefes in your server.
Enter the Bot token here
- Set your bot’s Prefix, This will be used as prefix to use the bot’s command
- Set GuildID
If you don’t know how to get User/Channel/Role/Guild ID
You can watch this video to learn how to get IDs
- Configure the rest of the config to your liking
You can find guide for Configuration here
- Make sure you have Node.js v16 or above
I personally use nvm, It’s a Multi Node.js Version Manager & is pretty easy to use
- After install Node.js v16 or above, Run
npm install in Bot’s folder to install all dependencies required to run the bot
- After Dependencies have been installed, Run command
npm run start to start the bot!
- Get the node version you want to use. For bot it’s 16+
- Go into Bot’s folder.
- Run Commmand
npm i -D firstname.lastname@example.org, we are installing version 16.10.0 as it’s latest.
- To start your bot run
- Go into
- Now to start bot run
npm run start
If you face any issues following the steps, Join our Discord Server For Support at https://zorino.in/discord